COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks are optional
- Clients who have been exposed to COVID-19, or had COVID symptoms such as diarrhea, loss of smell or taste, fever, body aches, head ache, or cold/flu symptoms in the past 14 days, will not receive a massage.
- Clients who cancel or present with COVID symptoms, they can only rebook after 10 days, or with negative PCR viral test, or doctor's note.
- Masks are optional
- Therapists/staff who have been exposed to COVID-19, or had COVID symptoms such as diarrhea, loss of smell or taste, fever, body aches, head ache, or cold/flu symptoms in the past 14 days, must inform us and must be off the schedule for 10 days, or after providing negative PCR viral test, or doctor's note.
- Full-time cleaning staff disinfect surfaces throughout the day. UV filters and vents in treatment rooms. Appointments may be moved by up to 15 minutes to avoid crowding in waiting area.
How safe is receiving a massage during the pandemic?
Very safe! This pie chart is from the Illinois Department of Health's website, showing COVID Outbreaks by Location (type of business). Personal care services, including massage therapy, is nearly 0%, or 0.00244 of total occurrences.
At River North Massage, we take your health seriously. From UV filters and vents in every treatment room, to cleaning and sanitation protocols, to professionally trained staff, you are in good hands with us.
Be smart, wear a mask, take care of your health, get a massage. Probably one of the safest things you can do during the pandemic.
How are you going to protect me from COVID-19?
Please remember that, even though Illinois is re-opening, the virus is still out there and the risk is real. Before making an appointment to get your haircut, or get your teeth cleaned, or get a massage, you must consider the risks.
On our end, we have made some changes to reduce those risks. Some of the changes you will notice, and some you will not.
- We ask that you arrive just a couple minutes before your appointment time; do not arrive early and you cannot stay past the end of your appointment
- masks are required
- all appointments must be prepaid ahead of the appointment time using the credit card on file (or account sessions, if you are a member); if you provide an invalid credit card the appointment will be cancelled
- we do not accept cash payments; also, we cannot make change for tips. You are welcome to bring cash to tip your therapist, or tip on your card.
Changes that you may not notice:
- air purifier in every treatment room
- touchless trash cans
- new cleaning protocols
- safety measures
- therapist dress codes
- updated massage protocols
- no talking/very limited talking during the massage
Important: we ask that you do not come in if you are sick, or if you have been around someone who is sick. If you are coughing, sneezing, have runny eyes, the therapist will not work on you. If you have allergies, please make sure to take allergy medicine before coming in.